When it comes to massages that can actually help relieve headaches, it’s not just about applying pressure where it hurts, it’s more than that. If you want to avoid painkillers as much as possible you should learn the extra sensitive points and only focus on those.
We at Bright Side wanted to try out some massages as a way to relieve pain when we have a headache and we chose the ones that helped us the most.
- Place your index fingers next to your nostrils.
- Press this point and stretch them away from each other. This will help to open up the nostrils.
- You can also massage these points in a clockwise circle. Do this for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place your fingers on your shoulders near your neck.
- Apply pressure by pressing downward with your fingers.
- You can massage this point or just hold it for 4 to 5 seconds.
- Lay down on a hard floor.
- Bend your knees and place your feet on the ground.
- Place a tennis ball under your neck and hold it with your hands (one should cradle the other one).
- Let the weight of your own body apply the pressure and rock your body back and forth.
- Do this massage for a few minutes.
- Push the soft area under your chin with the knuckle of your right index finger.
- Start from the beginning of the chin and work your way along your jaw, all the way up to your ear.
- Now press and hold for 8 seconds to one minute.
- Once the right side is complete switch to the left.
- Place your thumbs on your cheekbones, closer to your ears.
- Use your fingertips to apply gentle pressure to your temples.
- Make sure the pressure stays firm as you move in a circular motion and reach the hairline where both hands will meet.
- With this massage, you will be massaging your entire forehead and scalp.
- Place your index finger below your eyebrow and above your eye (on your eye socket bone).
- Now press this point to relieve your headache.
- You can also pinch this point with two fingers and squeeze it.
- The first step is to make fists and place the middle knuckles on the forehead.
- Press and wipe the forehead, starting from the middle to the end.
- Do 30 wipes.
- Make fists and place them on the forehead.
- Now, place your thumbs on your temples.
- Thumb-kneed these 2 points 30 times.
- Next, swipe back toward the hairline 30 times.
How often do you have headaches and what type? Have you tried to relieve the pain naturally? If yes, how?