Detox water is not just some fleeting hype. Studies show that it really helps your body to get rid of toxins, lose weight, and boost energy levels. But there are also some effective ingredients for these drinks, aside from lemon and ginger, that you can easily find at home.
We at Bright Side like to stay hydrated and found some nice recipes that can upgrade your daily water intake.
1. Water with non-iodized salt
A saltwater flush is recommended to cleanse your colon and treat chronic constipation. It’s also crucial to know that we need salt in the right amount and excluding it totally is not such a great decision. Sodium helps you to maintain the proper functioning of the nerves, muscles, and blood pressure levels when it’s dissolved in the blood.
Try a saltwater flush if you’re chronically constipated or if you’re experiencing irregular bowel movements.
- Mix 2 teaspoons of non-iodized sea salt and 4 cups of warm water.
- If you want to make it taste better, add some lemon.
- Drink it as quickly as possible on an empty stomach.
2. Water with garlic
Modern science confirms the many beneficial health effects associated with consuming garlic. It can reduce blood pressure, combat sickness, improve cholesterol levels, and detoxify the body of heavy metals. It happens because of the sulfur compounds that you get when garlic is chopped, crushed, or chewed.
But you can get all these health benefits without eating it. You can try it in a nice drink.
- Take 2 pieces of garlic and slice them.
- Wait for 10 minutes and then mix them with 500 ml of water.
- Let it sit for at least 2 hours.
3. Water with apple and cinnamon
Cinnamon has many health benefits, including lowering cholesterol and fighting diabetes.
- Slice 2 apples. Add them, along with 2 cinnamon sticks, to a pitcher of water.
- Place in the fridge for an hour to allow the flavors to infuse.
4. Water with cucumber ice cubes
A cool refreshing drink with a cucumber flavor can be of help if you want to skip the urge to drink a soda or in case if you are craving junk food. It’s a natural antioxidant and there are just 34 calories in 1 large cucumber. You can add fresh cucumber or just improve the taste of your drink.
- Slice a cucumber or make cubes.
- Freeze the slices or cubes in the fridge.
- Add them to your water when you feel hungry or thirsty.
- You can also add lemon or mint to improve the taste.
5. Water with black pepper
Black pepper is an excellent ingredient if you want to detox your body and lose some weight. Studies claim that it has antioxidant properties that may help prevent inflammation, premature aging, and heart disease. Moreover, it can improve sugar metabolism and lower cholesterol levels.
- Get the following ingredients: half a tablespoon of crushed black peppercorns, 1 tablespoon of grated ginger, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 lemon, and 2 glasses of water.
- Mix the pepper with grated ginger. Now pour in the honey and mix everything well.
- Boil the water and pour in glasses. Add one tablespoon of the mixture to one glass of water. Add the juice of half a lemon (if you like lemon). Don’t wait until it gets cold. Drink warm.
6. Water with rosemary
The benefits of rosemary are impressive. Studies showed that it may help improve your digestion, memory, and immune system. Scientists have also found that rosemary may be good for your brain and work as a type of neurological protection. Having a drink with this plant in small doses can be a nice and useful habit.
- Get a stalk of fresh rosemary.
- Take a lemon, cut its rind off and slice it.
- Put the lemon slices and rosemary in a 32 oz (0.9 liter) jar.
- Chill this drink in the fridge for at least 2 hours (or overnight).
Please, consult with a specialist if you can use this or that ingredient.
How much water do you drink daily? What drink do you usually start your day with?