Contrary to popular opinion, eating a little bit of dark chocolate before working out has a positive influence on the body. It improves metabolism and gives you more power. Also, the idea that working out at home is not effective is false.
We at Bright Side have analyzed which cardio exercises can give you the maximum results in the shortest period of time and found out how to do them properly.
This exercise is incredible because in just 10 minutes, it burns 100+ calories. Burpees use almost your entire body — your arm muscles, your chest muscles, your quads, your buttocks, and your abs. This exercise improves your stamina and doesn’t require any specific equipment.
How to do it:
- Squat and place your palms on the floor in front of you.
- Jump back into a push-up position.
- Do a push-up and then quickly go back to the squat position.
- Jump up and try to stretch your arms as high as you can (you can even clap above your head).
- Repeat. In 1 minute, you can do about 20 burpees. Start with a small number of reps, depending on how physically prepared you are and increase this number gradually.
In kickboxing, you don’t need a partner — all the hits are aimed at the air and there are both dynamic and static exercises. In 60 minutes, kickboxing burns from 350 to 450 calories. This workout helps you strengthen your muscles and lose extra inches, makes your heart more healthy, and increases your stamina.
How to do:
- Place your feet shoulder-width apart, with your arms along your sides and your fists near your chest.
- With your right leg, do a half-lunge forward and with your right elbow, punch to the side. Keep your arms parallel to the floor then go back to the starting position.
- Simultaneously, do hits with your left arm and left leg to the side. Remember to control your knees: you should keep them straight.
- Do 2 reps for each leg. After 45 seconds, take a 15-second breather.
3. Knee smashes
How to do:
- Put your arms up.
- Lift your left knee and, at the same time, pull your arms down.
- Pull your knee to your chest, bend your arms at the elbows, and pull them down.
- Return to the initial position.
- Do one rep per minute for each side. Try to increase the speed of the exercise gradually.
To achieve the desired results from this and other exercises, you should combine them with different diets. The right food will not only make you more fit, but also much healthier. And if you do these exercises with a coach, you will get the best results possible.
Do you exercise at home? Do you think that working out at home can be as effective as going to the gym?